Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A personal letter to a child validates their importance

Writing personal letters or emails to a young child validates their importance and your love for them, and gives them a concrete piece of paper to hold onto and reread when they need reassurance. It doesn't have to be about anything. Just about them.


Date: Wed,
From:
To: woo
Subject: Dear A


I just wanted to tell you what I have been doing today besides working in the yard and posting on my blogs. Get your mom to show you "My 7 beautiful children" by the way. But that's not why I am writing.

I found those crazy checker/chess boards that folded into four squares and would never stay flat when we tried to play on them and about four o'clock this morning I flattened them out and varnished them to the little yellow and blue plastic tables with the holes in them for legos, that don't fit the ones we have.

Then I took the little chess pieces and weighted them with plaster that Jose was using on our room. This was about the time you left for school.

I put an old screw and plaster in the hollow part so they are a little heavier and stand up better. Do you remember how they always fell down when we tried to get them to stand up?

I have about three partial sets.(that means the pieces are not all there because I stepped on some of them) So I think I'll buy a couple more sets at dollar store and do the same thing with the pieces so we can have a Chess or Checker Tournament in the back yard.

I put more crafts things out on the shelves from down stairs. Boy, I really did not know we had so much fun stuff to do crafts with. I can't wait until you come to do some.

I've been lashing the fence posts up. That means, I have been tying string around the fence posts and uprights where they come together. The places GrandPa was cutting notches so they fit better, I tied string around them so they stay without falling over. The leaves and flowers are really growing.
I think that is so funny. I put the pictures of them on the blog and called it, "My fence is blossoming!" I showed you some of the photos.

Sorry this is such a long letter. I hope you can come over again really soon.
Love you, Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment